Tips & Best Practices for Family Entertainment Centers
Trade Show Tips – What to do Before, During & After a Show
Going to Bowl Expo? To get the most out of it, you should have a strategy. Knowing what you would like to accomplish before, during, and after the show will help maximize your time. Here are some tips to help you achieve your goals.
- Pre-register to avoid long lines and having to pay at the door.
- Review the show schedule, see which training sessions to attend, who you would like to visit.
- Set goals. Why are you attending? What are you shopping for or hoping to see?
- Set appointments! You’d be surprised on what a great tip this is. Shows can get busy and if you really want someone’s time to answer questions, pre-book appointments.
- Make sure you think about what employees may benefit from attending the show with you.
Where to Stay
- Check the website for preferred hotels.
- Book early.
- Try to get a hotel nearby to avoid traffic delays.
What to Wear
- Make sure you are comfortable and look professional. Usually, business casual, with really good supportive shoes.
- If you are attending an industry party, you may want to bring a cocktail dress/sports jacket.
- You will likely pick up a lot of literature, so a small backpack or rolling case may be helpful if you don’t want to carry it throughout the show.
During the Show
- Review the floor plan and guide, it will be your best friend.
- Wear your name tag at all times.
- If you don’t want to carry literature, ask them to mail it to you or email you information.
- Bring a small notebook/pen to jot down notes.
- Look for show specials. Often there are great deals at the show.
- Don’t forget to take breaks, and drink plenty of water.
- Don’t forget to bring plenty of business cards or have your digital business card set up on your phone.
- Talk to everyone, everywhere! You’ll be surprised who you will meet while waiting in line for the elevator!
- Make sure to attend at least three educational sessions. This is a perfect place to network and learn. The more you learn, the more you earn!
- Don’t forget to RSVP for welcome parties and other industry gatherings.
Check to see if your goals were met and if the cost of attending the trade show had positive effects on your business. What did you learn? Who did you meet? Did you get good deals or see new technology that helped your business grow?